Join our team and make a difference!
Pyrowave is a pioneer in the electrification of chemical processes and innovative recycling of plastics. Pyrowave's R&D Team has developed a patented technological platform and a unique microwave-based process that breaks down plastics into their basic components, identical to virgin material, and then reuses them in other products or packaging .We are currently looking for an Accounting Technician to extend our team.
By joining Pyrowave, you will be working with industry leaders who are partnering with us to spearhead the greener, more sustainable economy of the future. You will contribute to the international growth of a Quebec-based company, but also that of its chemical process electrification R&D team.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the incumbent will ensure management of accounts payable, in addition to providing support in various accounting tasks, including journal entries, bank reconciliations and budget monitoring. The incumbent will also contribute to the administrative management of the department, while working on drafting documents or ensuring the follow-up of outstanding files.
More specifically, the incumbent shall be responsible for the following :
1. Ensuring management of accounts payable
2. Supporting end-of-month exercise, including journal entries in the general ledger, bank reconciliations and budget monitoring
3. Supporting the preparation of grant applications, tax credits and reports required by organizations in tandem with the VP Finance
4. Supporting the preparation of annual budgets with the VP Finance
5. Getting involved in the preparation of the year-end file and annual audit with the accounting firm
6. Ensuring the follow-up of administrative documents
What we offer :
1. Competitive salary
2. Group insurance plans
3. Retirement savings plan
4. Work schedule from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday
5. Teleworking options
Hard Skills :
1. College degree in Accounting Techniques
2. Three years’ experience in a similar position
3. Oral and written bilingual skills
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
5. Familiarization with an accounting software
*Any other combination of degree and experience can be considered.
Soft Skills :
1. Demonstrated sense of planning and work organization
2. Demonstrated care and thoroughness
3. Demonstrated sense of comprehensiveness and pragmatic attitude
4. High demonstrated consideration for teamwork
5. Demonstrated self-reliance, initiative and resourcefulness; willingness to go and search responses.
6. Working in a continuous improvement mode and suggesting improvement opportunities.
7. Deep commitment to confidentiality.
If you believe you have the required skills, please send your resume to Ms. Roxanne Gravel by email to email@example.com. Please do not call or show up on site. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
* The selected candidate is scheduled to start in August 2021. He or she will be based in the Montreal office and shall be able to travel occasionally to the Salaberry-de-Valleyfield pilot plant.