Join our team and change the world :
Chemical Process Specialist
Reporting to the Pilot Plant Manager, the Chemical Process Specialist contributes to the improvement of technologies by carrying out the tests prescribed by the Research and Development (R&D) team. In a solution mode, the incumbent operates the pilot plant equipment and suggests improvements. He or she demonstrates an understanding of the projects’ rationale and their objectives while maintaining a high level of stringency and attention to detail during all stages of the projects.
More specifically, the Chemical Process Specialist must:
• Be at the heart of the pilot plant operations and become proficient in all the aspects of the technology;
• Through his technical knowledge, participate actively in the continuous improvement of processes;
• Interpret operating data and make recommendations to improve and optimize procedures and equipment operation;
• Work in collaboration with technical and engineering colleagues in the research, operations and design teams;
• Explain and identify process deviations and propose original solutions;
• Collect samples and perform process control analysis;
• Maintain a record of equipment operating data;
• Move raw materials and consumables from the warehouse to the pilot plant. Maintain records of inventory and movement of materials;
• Participate in the improvement and application of procedures (OHS, operations, maintenance, etc.);
• Be available to work at other corporate or client sites;
• Carry out all other related tasks, all in accordance with the organization's internal rules and procedures and with the directions and priorities set by the board of directors.
SOFT SKILLS :
• Share, embrace and demonstrate the organization’s mission and values to be a Pyrowave ambassador.
• Have a great deal of independence and a lot of resourcefulness.
• Demonstrated sense of comprehensiveness and a pragmatic attitude to better define the issues and get involved in the development of tangible and applicable solutions.
• Demonstrated drive and a positive attitude.
• Excellent demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, based on respect, tact and judgment and a solution orientation.
• High demonstrated consideration for teamwork.
• Demonstrated discipline and thoroughness.
• Ability to demonstrate great adaptability in the midst of changing tasks and priorities.
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
• Demonstrate a high degree of discretion.
• BA in Engineering
• Currently or soon to be a candidate to the engineering profession of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
• Production or design internship experience is an asset.
If you believe you have the required skills, please send your resume and a cover letter to Mr. Richard Renaud by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org by January 26, 2022. Interviews will take place on January 26, 2022. Please do not call or show up on site. Only selected candidates will be contacted.