Join the Pyrowave adventure! :
Director of Business Development
Join our team and change the world !
Do you want to contribute to the development of an exceptional culture in a company that is constantly innovating to build the green economy of tomorrow? Are you looking for caring colleagues who promote team spirit and a great working environment? Do you have an uncommon ability to find rare gems and convince them to join a team? Pyrowave is a fast-growing environmental technology company that relies on outstanding people to develop the circular economy. Apply now to be at the heart of this incredible adventure!
DISPLAY | Director of Business Development
World leader in the electrification of materials, Pyrowave has developed a unique technology to regenerate plastic waste. With its patented technology platform deployed worldwide, Pyrowave leverages its unique mastery of microwaves to enable its customers to regenerate post-consumer and post-industrial plastics into new low-carbon materials. Pyrowave attracts major industrial players such as Michelin in Europe and others around the world.
Pyrowave has a strong corporate culture in which employees are at the heart of its success. We would like to expand our team by finding a Director of Business Development to support us in our growth. As Business Development Director, you will provide the leadership to grow the revenues. You will be charged with executing Pyrowave’s commercial strategies with an emphasis on driving sales from our microwave platform. You will also provide key inputs from customers to drive product innovation, pricing, and segmentation.
Your role is capital in the success of the company and for the impact, we can deliver to the fight against climate change. Great technologies need great employees to have a global impact. At Pyrowave, we are looking for visionary people that have ideas and drive to change the world.
Specifically, the Director of Business Development will:
· Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals;
· Contribute to the marketing plan setting regional objectives and strategies, marketing activities, prioritizing marketing initiatives, sales readiness, measurement, and tracking;
· Drive end-to-end customer acquisition from prospecting to deal closure to drive growth commitments;
a. Improve existing channels (marketing, sales, partner) and build new channels.
b. Drive connectivity between sales and marketing.
c. Own the success of your region ensuring CRM is current and accurate.
· Convert technology and other benefits into value terms for customers.
What we offer :
· Flexible hours, 40 hours per week;
· A remote position. Pyrowave is based in Montreal, the position requires visiting the home office and international travel;
· Easy access to downtown offices via Victoria Square metro;
· Reimbursed public transit passes;
· Competitive salary;
· Group insurance and retirement savings plan;
· A dynamic and modern corporate culture that encourages skills development;
· Social club that organizes activities with all employees.
Hard skills :
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry;
· A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in commercial management (“commercial” is defined as a strategy, sales, marketing, pricing, and/or business development), preferably within a B2B licensing and OEM environment in the chemical or similar industry;
· History working in high-growth, high-paced, venture-backed companies;
· Strong leadership skills to take charge and be decisive, offering documented opinions and direction;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities;
· Fluency in English with knowledge of French is a strong asset;
· Multiple language competencies are key assets.
*Any other combination of degree and experience will be considered.
What we value :
· MBA from a reputed program;
· Experience within the chemical industry;
· Understanding of the chemical industry challenges with the low-carbon transition;
· Experience in strategy roles including strategy development, strategic planning, and strategy execution - the ability to determine where to play, how to win, and what it takes to win;
· Excellent relationship management skills, along with the ability to manage cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment;
· Ability to demonstrate the 6 values of Pyrowave.
And above all, what we don't offer...
· Routine work;
· A job description that discourages initiative;
· A blasé and de-motivating work environment.
If you are motivated by the desire to have a positive impact on climate change and want to contribute to building an innovative, inclusive and dynamic corporate culture that radiates around the world, don't wait any longer and send your application now!
If you think you have what it takes, send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Bryan Kinderman at email@example.com.
*Please do not call or come to the office. Only selected candidates will be contacted. The masculine gender is used to simplify the text.