Join the Pyrowave adventure! :
Industrial Postdoctoral Researcher
Join our team and change the world!
We are looking for world-class collaborators to develop new technologies in the field of green chemistry and the circular economy.
Pyrowave is a pioneer in the electrification of chemical processes based on low carbon footprint microwaves. Pyrowave is also a leader in the plastic’s circular economy and chemical recycling to regenerate post-consumer and post-industrial plastics into new plastics, reclaiming these resources’ full value. Its patented high-powered microwave catalytic depolymerization technology platform is the most advanced in the world and is now at the forefront of the next generation of plastics. By restoring plastics to their molecular state identical to virgin materials, Pyrowave technology enables infinite recycling of plastics and provides a circular economy solution to meet the global plastics recycling challenge.
We are currently looking for an Industrial Postdoctoral Researcher with a background in chemical engineering or chemistry to join our dynamic R&D team who work to generate, develop, evaluate, and implement new ideas on our microwave technological platform. Reporting to the Vice President Innovation and working under the supervision of a R&D Project Lead, the Industrial Postdoctoral Researcher is responsible for the development of new technologies to support the optimization of our commercial chemical processes and the development of new chemicals processes. His professionalism, sense of imagination and creativity will be solicited to find new ideas to technical and analytical problems.
Accordingly, the Industrial Postdoctoral Researcher will:
1. Set up and conduct research projects, ensuring that they are completed safely, according to the highest quality, time and budget standards;
2. Develop laboratory standards, protocols and workflows, including implementation of new
experimental methods or equipment;
3. Perform literature reviews, perform design of experiments (DOEs), execute the DOE, analyze the data and communicate the work performed in reports and presentations;
4. Cultivate curiosity while keeping abreast of scientific developments in his/her field of expertise and in all other scientific fields to encourage “out of the box” thinking and the generation of innovative ideas;
5. Generate intellectual property;
The Industrial Postdoctoral Researcher will be required to apply for an industrial postdoctoral grant (such as a MITACS postdoctoral scholarship) and the selection of the candidate may depend on a positive response from the funding organization.
The Industrial Postdoctoral Researcher will join the Pyrowave Innovation team at the Pyrowave Pilot Plant. The Pyrowave pilot plant is a global center of excellence for R&D in green chemical processes located in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, 60 minutes away from Montreal. The pilot plant is equipped with a laboratory equipped with several test and analysis equipment. The factory also has all the industrial scale equipment for Pyrowave technology.
You are the person we are looking for if you are creative and autonomous, if you have a sense of organization and structure and an ability to communicate. You must also have great scientific rigor and impeccable attention to detail. If you are solution and innovation driven, and if challenges appeal to you, come and change the world with us.
What we offer :
1. Flexible schedule with hybrid work options;
2. Competitive base salary + annual bonus;
3. Group health insurance;
4. Retirement savings plan with employer contribution.
Know how :
1. Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or a relevant oriented discipline*;
2. Experience in conducting experiments at laboratory scale;
3. Experience with conducting pyrolysis or high temperature chemistry experiments;
4. Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written (knowledge of French an asset);
5. Excellent scientific rigor and research methodology;
6. Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE);
7. Sound knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP);
8. Experience managing suppliers (equipment vendors and raw material vendors);
9. Have autonomy and a sense of resourcefulness;
10. Good communication skills and teamwork spirit ;
11. Pragmatic and ability to circumscribe problems and participate to the elaboration of solutions;
12. Dynamism and positive attitude;
13. Ability to multitask;
14. Demonstrate rigor and thoroughness;
15. Ability to show great adaptability to changing tasks and priorities.
16. Experience with health and safety reviews (an asset);
*Any other combination of diploma and experience may be considered.
If you believe you have the qualifications, send your CV to the attention of Jean-Philippe Laviolette by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Interviews will take place as soon as a candidate of interest has been identified. Please do not call or show up on site. Only selected candidates will be contacted.