Join our team and make a difference!
Laboratory Technician | Chemistry Profile
Pyrowave is a startup and a pioneering firm in microwave chemical recycling designed to regenerate post consumer plastics into new plastics. Its technology platform is the most advanced in the world and is now at the forefront of the new generation of plastics. By bringing plastics back to their molecular state identical to virgin materials, Pyrowave technology allows infinite recycling of plastics and provides a circular economy solution to the global plastics recycling challenge.
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician, Chemistry Profile, willing to develop in order to expand our team of dedicated young people who wish to make a difference. Reporting to the Vice President, Innovation, the incumbent will perform tasks in connection with laboratory analysis, customer qualification tests and quality control for the various Pyrowave pilot plant products and inputs. Their expertise, imagination and creativity will be solicited to find new ideas to solve technical and analytical problems.
More specifically, the laboratory technician will:
- Operate laboratory instruments and equipment (GC-FID, GC-DCT, flash point, TGA, reactors, distillation equipment, etc.);
- Perform various analyses and results formatting;
- Perform evaluation of new raw materials (depolymerization aspect);
- Prepare analysis reports and ensure their timely distribution;
- Collect, prepare and analyze samples from the Pyrowave pilot unit;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of laboratory consumables;
- Maintain, calibrate and verify laboratory equipment.
- A competitive salary
- A youth-friendly environment with a collaborative team to foster skills development
- Group insurance plans
- Retirement savings plan
- Work schedule from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday
- Technical college degree in chemistry
- Work experience in the chemical industry (an asset)
- Knowledge of the ISO-17025 standard is an asset
- Good knowledge of oral and written French
- English functional knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
*Any other combination of degree and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated planning and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated drive and a positive attitude
- Ability to complete several tasks concurrently
- Accountability and self-reliance
- Resourcefulness and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure his or her activities and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing tasks and priorities
If you believe you have the required skills, please send your resume to Ms. Roxanne Gravel via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23, 2021. Please do not call or show up on site. Only selected candidates will be contacted.