Join the Pyrowave adventure! :
R&D Intern - Fall 2022
Join our team and change the world !
We are looking for world-class collaborators to develop new technologies in the field of green chemistry and the circular economy.
Research & development intern - Fall 2022
World leader in the electrification of materials, Pyrowave has developed a unique technology to regenerate plastic waste. With its patented technology platform deployed worldwide, Pyrowave leverages its unique mastery of microwaves to enable its customers to regenerate post-consumer and post-industrial plastics into new low-carbon materials. Pyrowave attracts major industrial players such as Michelin in Europe and others around the world. By working for Pyrowave, you join a team driven by a culture of innovation, working to develop new applications to have a real impact on the world. Pyrowave has a strong corporate culture in which employees are at the heart of its success.
We are currently looking for an intern with the background in chemical engineering or chemistry to join our dynamic R&D team who work to generate, develop, evaluate, and implement new ideas on our microwave technological platform. Reporting to the R&D Specialist, the intern works mainly in Pyrowave’s R&D lab on different tasks related to the development of new waste recycling processes. His professionalism, his sense of imagination and his creativity will be solicited to find new ideas to technical and analytical problems.
Specifically, the Research & Development Intern will:
1. Participate in one or more research projects;
2. Be responsible for performing lab-scale experiments;
3. Carry out laboratory assembly where required;
4. Write reports and presents results;
5. Cultivate curiosity by staying up to date on scientific developments.
You are the person you are looking for if you are creative and autonomous, if you have a sense of organization and structure and an ability to communicate. You must also have great scientific rigor and impeccable attention to detail. If you are solution and innovation driven, and if challenges appeal to you, come and change the world with us.
What we offer :
1. Work schedule from 8h00 to 16h30 from Monday to Friday;
2. Salary starting at 20$/h depending on experience.
Know how :
1. Student in chemistry or chemical engineering fields*;
2. Sound knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP);
3. Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written (knowledge of French an asset);
4. Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE) (an asset);
5. Experience in research (an asset);
6. Have autonomy and a sense of resourcefulness;
7. Good communication skills and teamwork spirit;
8. Pragmatic and ability to circumscribe problems and participate to the elaboration of solutions;
9. Dynamism and positive attitude;
10. Ability to multitask;
11. Demonstrate rigor and thoroughness;
12. Ability to show great adaptability to changing tasks and priorities.
*Any other combination of diploma and experience may be considered.
If you believe you have the qualifications, send your CV to the attention of Amir Enferadi Kerenkan by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Interviews will take place as soon as a candidate of interest has been identified. Please do not call or show up on site. Only selected candidates will be contacted.